Our 8-year-old REALLY wants a pet. Specifically, a pet fish. Sure – it’s not a dog, or a cat, or even a hamster. It’s just a fish. I decided, however, to see how much she really wants this fish and asked her to write a report for me – her first. In her report, she was instructed to answer 7 questions:
- What do you want to do?
- Why do you want to do it?
- Is there a cost involved? If so, how will you pay for it?
- How will you take care of it?
- Where will it go?
- What help will you need to accomplish your goal?
- How will your life be changed if you are able to do this?
Here’s what she submitted to me – misspellings and all. Not bad!
I want to get my oun fish, because I want somthing to take care off. I will buy it with my own money. I will change it’s water & I will feed it. I will put it on the rack thing above my dresser. All I need you to do is drive me there. It will help me to care about other things.
I don’t have any earthly idea how I can refuse such logic … and cuteness. Let’s see what her Dad has to say.