If this fleeting summer had a theme, it would be “pondering.”
Okay, so maybe “stealing quick moments between doing all sorts of things to briefly think about a bajillion other things” is more apt, but “pondering” sounds so much more civil, well-mannered, and holy, don’t you think?
Anyway, this summer, I have specifically been pondering (ahem) my intake in its various and sundry forms. What am I eating and drinking? What thoughts am I entertaining? What am I watching? What am I taking in physically, mentally, and spiritually? Am I consuming things that are bringing me closer to Christ or, if I’m being brutally honest with myself, possibly pushing me further away from Him?
With those thoughts, however imperfectly swirling about in my mind, I was delighted to learn about Blessed is She, a daily devotional experience put together by the phenomenal Jenna Guizar of A Mama Collective. To truly ponder His Word every day was something I could confidently consume without one little bit of anxiety that I was headed in the wrong direction (hello, social media).
Well, friends, it gets even better, because I am so blessed to be just one in a bouquet of gorgeously brilliant, Jesus-seeking contributors for this new endeavor, which launches TODAY!! It isn’t everyday that a lil-cracked-pot-of-a-gal like me is able to make a contribution to something so beautiful, so lovely, and so worthwhile! The timing seemed to perfectly coincide with my desire to serve God through the written word. How serendipitous that I am able to offer my humble words about His Word?
I hope you will join us over at Blessed is She every day and feast on God’s living Word that awaits you. It’s easy to do so! Here are all the details for engaging with BiS via my fellow contributor lifesaver, Megan Hjelmstad, who knows a thing or two about getting blogs posted whilst chasing kiddos on Labor Day:
How Does It Work?
- Read the daily devotions on the website by clicking here: Daily Devotions (we’ve also been posting the daily readings each day, and now that the devotions have started, the readings will be linked so you can read the scriptures that inspired each devotion!)
- And/or subscribe on the website to receive an email every day with that day’s devotion by clicking here: Subscribe to Email
- Follow our Instagram feed with some beautiful images and the verse of the day (based on the daily readings) here: com/blessedisshe__
- Chat via Twitter with the Blessed Is She team here: com/blessedisshe__
- Like the Blessed Is She Facebook page to stay up to date on news or interact with the Blessed Is She team by clicking on this link: com/blessedisshenetwork
- Check out Blessed Is She’s inspiration on Pinterest: pinterest.com/blessedisshe__/
- Learn about our fun little cast of characters (seriously amazing women, all of them!) here: http://blessedisshe.net/about/
- Or just browse the beautiful website: blessedisshe.net
See? I told you Megan is super awesome!!
Also awesome is tonight’s Blessed is She Twitter chat! Follow me and the rest of the BiS team and join us LIVE at 9 p.m. EST to celebrate the Blessed Is She launch. Formal attire is completely optional. 😉
And, please, friends – spread the word near and far – we as Catholic women need to feed on the Eucharist, absolutely, yet we also need to take time to consider all that is good, true, and beautiful in the living and effective Word of God and truly ponder it in our hearts.
Keep fighting the good fight of faith.